Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lilo and Stitch!



You shouldn't play with guns!
Oh, OK.. -hands it over-
-gun starts beeping- Oh! I forgot! It's your birthday! Happy Birthday!
-gives it back-
Nuh nuh! Nuh nuh! Merry Christmas! -throws it to him-
Theres no Christmas! -right back-
Happy Hannukah! -starts their whole toss back and forth game-
-change scene-
Shouldn't we get Stitch?
Trust me! This isn't going to end well!
-change back-
One potato!
Two potato!
Three potato more!
Four potato!
Five potato!
My..
...mother..
...said...
...that...
...you...
...are...
...it. ...
HA! I win! .... -BOOM-


Well Hey howdy hey! A late Merry Christmas to y'all and an early Happy
New Year!! I wasn't sure which movie to put for this one as there were
a lot of movies that came to my mind when thinking about Christmas.
Really wish I could have quoted "It's a Wonderful Life" but I'm afraid
that was one I just can't remember well enough... So sorry... But! I
thought I'd both wish y'all Merry Christmas and give a shoutout to my
Sister in Hawaii all in one shot... Yes it did take me the better part
of three sleepless nights to figure that out, but hey... Small price
to pay ^^ Fun fact about the new year though... New Years here is not
that big of a deal. As in the day that everyone else celebrates the
New Year is not really a big deal. The BIG New Year here is actually
based off the lunar calendar. So, this year, the lunar New Year is in
February. Some thing I though was funny. The name of the LUNAR new
year is 설날 "solnar" which is actually pronounced "sollar"... It made
me chuckle a little ^^

Anyway! things are going well here, in Kangdong. Definitely cold...
Freezing might be a better word for it... Yes! Freezing! We've
actually come out with a new form of proselyting here. (PS the word in
Korean for 'proselyte' is Jeon-doh so I'll use that word, much more
natural to me) Yes, we do what's now called Choom Jeondoh. Dance
Jeondo. You go up to the person on the street and while you jeondo to
him you're hopping from one foot to the other, bouncing around, doing
the worm and busting out a few dance moves Gangnam Style. This way,
you hold their attention, you are able to deliver your message, you
stay warm, and you get some fantastic videos to put on YouTube after
you get home ;) It's a blast.

We have found an absolutely wonderful talk... Talk? Spiel? Words?
Anyway, something that Elder Jeffrey R Holland spoke... Wrote...
Whatever! My English grammar is down the drain so I'll just type like
I talk right now to get my point across. Elder Holland said words like
this in the Jan 2010 Liahona: "As a new year begins and we try to
benefit from a proper view of what has gone before, I plead with you
not to dwell on days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays,
however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned
from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing
experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need
to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced,
then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward
the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and
events that will yet be efficacious in our lives.... Faith is for the
future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith
trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that
Christ truly is the “high priest of good things to come” (Hebrews
9:11). Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away.
Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and
divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and
forever. That is a New Year’s resolution I ask you to keep."

I love the way that he spoke this. I will only add my personal
conviction and wholehearted agreement of what he said. Of course the
past is important. Of course we must learn from mistakes made and
successes achieved. But we must move on as well. We must for forever
and always look to the future. Look for the miracles yet to be. Look
for service opportunities yet to be performed. Learn, Look, Laugh,
Love. Do it once. Then keep doing it. Look forward with faith toward
those wonders that the Lord will yet perform among the children of
men.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Smile! Laugh! Love! Help Someone! Be
Happy! Stay Warm!

Good Luck, God Bless, and God Speed,
All my love,
Elder Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment