Monday, September 9, 2013

Spiritual Experiences

So I feel like everytime that I email I am always coming back from a nice long break and I need to sincerely apologize to everyone for the long time I've taken to write and then make a whole bunch of promises that involve me saying I'll do better next time and I'll write more but that I never actually intend to keep... So, skipping that 老馆利牢introduction...

Would you take a look at that? Pretty pathetic huh? Well you'll never believe this but that llama you're looking at was once a human being. and not just any human being, that guy was an emperor, a rich powerful ball of charisma. Oh Yeah!... ... This is his story. .. Well, actually my story. That's right, I'm that llama. The name is Cuzco. Emperor Cuzco. I was the world's nicest guy and they ruined my life for no reason! Oh is that hard to believe? Alrtight tell you what you go back aways, you know, before I was a llama? And it'll all make sense...

Ok see now that's a little too far back... Oho, look at me! Thats me as a baby! ... Ahem, now let's move ahead

So, short email for today. We had some absolutely incredible experiences this week. Small, but incredible. I was really impressed with two different styles of teaching this past week. One of them was with an investigator that we picked up early on when I first came to this area. We have been teaching him for awhile, and our mission has really been stressing asking questions to find out needs etc etc. We tried a lot of that, but it didn't get us anywhere whatsoever. As we went to teach him, I realized that I just wanted to just get started. Regardless of him only having English interest, not caring about religion, I decided that I just wanted to start teaching. Why not? I really remember that prompting, because we started talking, just about what he believes about God. What followed was one of the greatest spiritual experience discussions I have ever had. It never ceases to amaze me, how often, regardless of the previous background, how often everyone feels the need to talk to God. And then, as the hymn movingly portrays, I always stand all amazed at the love Christ and Father in Heaven offers us, at how much they care to reach out to every person, regardless of action or belief. It is a beautiful thing to see and feel such love. I cannot wait to meet him next week and see how our conversations go.

The other moment was with an older Brother in our ward right now. I will have to wait until next week to do this story justice ^^

Good Luck God Bless and God Speed Everyone!

Loves and Misses,

Elder Jeremy Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment