Monday, December 16, 2013

저를 비행기에 태우지 마세요

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go,
I'm standing here outside the door
I hate to wake you but you're my c'mpanion
But the dawn is breakin' its early morn
The subways leavin', it's blowin its horn
Already I miss kimchi, I could cry

So gimme a hug and shake my hand,
We'll meet back in the promised land
Teach and Preach and Baptise til you go
Cuz I'm leaving on a jet plane!
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh HanGuk, I hate to go

I threw this song together in the past five minutes, please be nice as you read it. ^^

My feelings right now are quite confusing. My body is telling me that this is just another day, another day of conversing with people on the street about the gospel, another day filled with the gentle inspirations of the Holy Ghost, the bitter smell of cigarette smoke, the frustration of another hand in my face as I speak, the thrill of speaking with someone who would like to learn more, the satisfaction of coming home with sore feet and worn out shoes. Physically, this day will not be any different from any other.

Mentally, I'm not allowing myself to dwell on the idea of going home, those thoughts still have no place in my mind, they will wait until the airplane ride this week to begin.

Emotionally, I'm fine also. Yesterday was of course a different story, but there weren't many tears shed. As I said goodbye to many of these members, there were the initial pangs of sadness, but it was strange that I remembered that I can still easily stay in contact with many of these people and the time proven cliche "this is not the end, only the beginning" ran through my head more than once. It was a conforting gentle reminder that many of these friends made will indeed last.

I say this now, because yesterday I had also known that there was going to be a farewell party for us later tonight, so this story may change drastically to free falling tears later, but for now, these are my thoughts.

There are too many thoughts going through my mind right now, though there is not the space nor the time nor the need to express them here.

I look forward to seeing many of you again soon this week, and many more of you in the coming days.

I love you, and I miss you.

For the last time from Korea,
Good Luck, God Bless, and God Speed,

Elder Jeremy Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment