Hot crispy pill bug, for the happy couple. Mazel tov.
(Inhales deeply) Oh boy! (begins eating)
Ich... Ach... plech...
Oh! Here! Let me get that for you!
Bah! cough cough..
Where're you going?
I'm just going to slip into the kitchen and have a word with the chef.
You're going to get us thrown out.
Please! With this disguise, I'm invisible...
-skipping a little-
Look, all I know is that the food looked iffy. Alright? And I'm not
the only one who thinks that, Im sure. So I'm just here to make sure
that you're gonna take the main course up a notch.
Listen, it's a simple question. Is there or isn't there anything
edible.... On this menu?

This is the third time I have quoted form this scene so I am terribly
sorry if y'all are getting bored of it but this one actually has some
relevance to today. Let's just say, these past two weeks have been
full of some really fun foods. Like really fun foods. Actually fun is
not the best word to describe it... I'm not sure what would be a good
word, but I'm sure that after I describe what I ate, y'all can figure
out a great word for it later on.

My companion and I are greatly blessed to be in our area. The members
are absolutely fantastic, I love them to death and I hope I'm not
leaving this area too soon. And, they happen to really love to feed
us. Among some of the food we were given was a small package of what
looked like marbled meat and some other random meat that I really
wasn't sure at the time what it looked like. Never seen it before but
there were a lot of bones and meat here and there. Now, when gifts
like these are received in Korea, you eat them. You eat them and you
say they are delicious and you thank them profusely for it. This
obviously entails ignoring what is said in the scriptures about liars
being thrust down to hell. Anyway, I'm eating tha marbled meat, tasted
alright, I just put a lot of spicy goodness on top and it tasted
pretty good. The second package was not so good. The texture was like
rubber the taste as it turns out was like rubber too. Now, I wait
until after I am completely done eating before I finally ask my
companion, "Alright, what was that?" How glad I am that I waited until
after I ate to find out. Tender mercy. Turns out, the Koreans use
every part of the pig that they can when they kill them. Including the
feet and the face. Still makes me kind of cringe at the thought...
ooh... So yes, to put aside all doubt, etc, I have now added to the
list of weird and frightening foods, pig face and pig feet.

For this next one, I need to start off with an apology. Family means a
lot to me personally, so I want to apologize to someone who may be
offended family-wise. To my dog Coco: I am terribly sorry. I was not
aware of this at the time that it happened, please believe me. But one
of your distant cousins was in town last week. We happened to run into
each other at a restaurant, only we happened to be in kind of opposite
situations. I was sitting at the table, eating a delicious bowl of
soup, and your cousin was on the table... More specifically in the
soup. Heh... Again, sincerest apologies.

It was actually really really good. Loved it. Was my companion
chuckling again while I was eating? Yes, yes he was.

Too much fun.

These weeks have been quite a blessing to many of the people here in
our area. Particularly with the baptism of the Nepali Sister. It was
such a wonderful past two weeks for her as well as us. In preparation
for the baptism, we have been scrambling to find translatoins,
pictures, movies, and anything that we could find to teach her about
the gospel. It was insane. And in all honesty, we had no way of
knowing that we were teaching the right material, whether we were
making sense, whether she was understanding... It was literally an
experience of pure faith with us. Then we had a wonderful experience.
Our new mission president actually had a connection with a Nepali
Sister who served in England, who speaks excellent English. We wanted
to arrange a Skype chat to be able to help teach, but it quickly grew
extremely complicated. Then, one of the greatest blessings this week
was that it literally all fell into place. It all worked out so
beautifully for us. Everyone that needed to be there was there, the
computer worked, we were able to get the Skype working. This was our
Nepali Sister's first opportunity to speak with someone in her native
tongue or even to really communicate at all since she came here. I
have never seen her so happy before. Reminded me a lot of my
experience when I first got here. MY companion and I had to leave,
unfortunately, but we had emailed all the material we needed to teach
to the Sister, and trusted it would all work out. We received an email
the next day which contained the words "She is so ready to be
baptised," I don't think I can describe how much joy I felt after
reading those words.

I testify of the power of the Spirit from this story. There is a quote
I believe from John Tanner that states that "conversion is the
greatest miracle." And true conversion can only come from the power of
the Holy Spirit. I can tell you right now that I am not telling this
story just to tell this story, or to say "Hey! We were able to teach
in Nepali!" I am telling this story because, like all stories of true
conversion, it is the convert that changes. It is the convert that
exercises the faith. It is the convert that receives the answers to
prayers that no mortal can sufficiently answer. No credit to us.

I testify of all these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Son
of God, Amen

Good Luck, God Bless, and God Speed,

Elder Annen
"This is the big day! July 15, 2012!
This was a really good picture because I don't think Nepali people smile for pictures....But we caught her!  Her husband (left) baptized her.