아녕 하세여 가족!
Hey Family! ( I am not responsible for any offence that is taken if this is posted on facebook and you are not technically part of my family)
"You mean... You'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
"I can kill you now"
"Frankly, I think the odds are slightly in your favor when it comes to hand fighting..."
"It's not my fault I'm the biggest and the strongest... I don't even exercise!"
And never has this been more true than here, although it's not exactly a good thing. I am exercising, don't get me wrong, I love every minute of gym time that we get to put in... But I am slowly getting bigger than the rest and I promise it's not my fault! The food here is just so delicious! Ah! I'm just waiting for a massive giant to break down the door to our building and say "Well, I haven't seen you since you was a baby Jeremy, but... You're a bit more along than I would have expected, particularly right in the middle..." And as a matter of fact some people do :) But hey, I'll take the attention where ever I can get it.
I'll be honest, I've heard before that the MTC is the place where you receive your highest highs and your lowest lows, but I didn't particularly believe them. Well, I do now. I had the 'wonderful' opportunity this week to experience both of these. Sometime around either Friday or Saturday I began to grow pretty discouraged. Let me say thatagain, I began to grow very discouraged. I mean, I knew this is a tough language, and I knew that I wouldn't get it right away, but when you study it everyday, and you feel like you're getting nowhere, it really wears you down! And it turns out that this batch of missionaries that are in the MTC right now are actually guinea pigs for a five month old program that they've been testing... So... Yeah. As in the program's been going for about five months.... Hope that made sense. Either way! This program is tough, and when applied to one of the toughest languages for English speakers to learn, it becomes down right difficult.
But the Sundays... Oh man, the Sundays here are absolutely fantastic! You will never have a spiritual high like you will on Sunday here in the MTC. I know I mentioned the singing last week, and it is even more true now than it was then. I was getting the chills the entire length of the song. I kid you not, it was so powerful that some of the guys in my district I was standing next to (And these are big guys! Football players and wrestlers) started to choke up near the end! Oh man. The speaker we had was actually an unknown guy to all of us, by the name of Clayton Christiansen.... Doesn't ring a bell? Yeah, it didn't to us either. And there was no announcement of who he was, no 'managing director of this' or 'CEO of that.' Just Clayton Christiansen. But oh my goodness, this man could speak. He spoke with both power and the Spirit. Every single person in that auditorium came out  just in awe. And I can guarantee that every one of those missionaries now knows the name of Clayton Christiansen very well.
Exciting thing! A whole bunch of native Koreans have just flown in from Korea! (I mean, as opposed to native Koreans flying in from Orem UT... honestly) But yeah! Although, I feel kinda jipped... I've studied Korean for about two weeks now and I have no idea what they are saying... Real confidence booster. They are so much fun to be around though! Just meeting and talking to them - in English - has gotten me extremely excited to finally get out in the field and interact with these wonderful people.
Anyway, my time for writing is up now! Gotta head! If you got any questions, feel free to mail me! I'll most likely get back to you... If not... Sorry? I guess? And I'm just going to apologize now for any and all spelling mistakes in this, I wrote this as fast as I could. Also, I can't get the spell check to work. So! DO NOT JUDGE ME!!
Hope life is good!
Good Luck, and God Speed!
제레미 아넨 장로
Elder Jeremy Annen