안녕 하세요!!!

"Are you so desperate to fight criminals that you lock yourself in to
take them on one at a time?"
"To manipulate the fears of others, you must first master your own"
"Death does not wait for you to be ready!" 준비되기 위해, 축음은 기다리지 않습니다!!!!!
"Gentlemen! Time to spread the word. And the word is... Panic."

The one I really wanted to use today was the last one, but
unfortunately, there really are not a lot of quotes surrounding that
that would really work in the situation. Oh well. I picked these ones
because of  a new little activity I made for myself now that I've
gotten proficient enough in Korean to be able to speak somewhat
fluidly. I have finally begun to quote these movies in Korean, and
these were some of my favorite sentences that I was able to translate.
It must have been pretty funny to watch me come up with some of these
sentences; I would sit there for a while, not moving, watching the
movie in my head, then I would suddenly bust out laughing, figure out
the words in Korean, then start laughing again, which was then
followed with me chuckling to myself for a good while afterward while
I thought of the next one. It must have been really entertaining. Then
one phrase that was my favorite is the one that I translated for you
earlier. This one is so applicable. I'm not sure if the grammar is
right or not, but if you just knocked someone to the floor in
basketball, and you look down on them and yell "축음은 기다리지
않습니다!!!"(Chook-um-un Ki-da-ri-gi an-sumnida!!!), it really doesn't
matter whether ofr not you're using correct grammar. Yeah, that was a
fun day.

The last quote most likely is the one that matches my mood right now.
Whenever someone mentions how many days we have left until we take off
out of here (13 days by the way, but who's counting?) I immediately go
into a panic mode, listing off all of the language in my head that
I;ve gotta master before I leave, and then the number of letter I've
gotta write, the Preach My Gospel I gotta study, the stuff I gotta
pack, when on earth I'm going  to be able to eat my last American
cheeseburger, etc etc etc, and then this whole panic mode leads to an
emotional breakdown, which, so far, has always ended up with me in the
corner, eating ice cream and watching chick-fliks... Just kidding, I
only do that when I'm outside the MTC. Please don't believe me when I
say this. But also, these next couple of weeks can't come fast enough;
as soon as someone begins telling me about the country, or about the
food, I get so stoked to be there. So... I am having a very difficult
time making up my mind about life right about now.

Unfortunately, since I've been here, my typing speed has decreased
considerably. So I already have to begin my closing remarks, I guess
you could say.

Although all of the missionaries here, that includes me, all mess
around, saying how much we hate it here now, and how we can't wait
until we actually get out of here, etc, this MTC experience has been
quite an incredible one for all of us here. The miracles I have
witnessed here are not the ones that are the incredible ones that give
you chills on the back of your neck; they are the miracles of
missionaries. They are the miracles of a son/daughter of God pitting
themself against a task that in all other circumstances would be
impossible for them. The Korean language is not for the faint of
heart. The intense work and diligence required to even say something
basic, like bearing your testimony, or getting to know someone, is
unlike anything I have attempted. Yet, I see missionaries who
struggled to get through high school, who have a difficult time
sitting down and learning, who struggle from leaving their families,
friends and homes; I see all these types of missionaries just in my
district, working toward a common goal, and I am astounded at the
amount of progress we have made. Many of these missionaries have
become my best friends, because of this struggle. I bear testimony now
ot the truthfulness of the scripture that states that when two or more
people are gathered in the name of the Lord, there will He be also.
The love of God has been prevalent in all of the things that we do
here. Although anxious to get out into the field, this MTC experience
will always stay with me as the times where I have felt the closest I
have ever been to my Father in Heaven. I testify that not only does He
live and love us, He will constantly strengthen and lift up those of
us who humble ourselves enough to just ask Him.

예수 그리스도의 이름으로 간증드립니다, 아멘.
Through Jesus Christ's name I testify, Amen

제레미 아넨 장로
Elder Jeremy Annen